Feel like visiting romantic Lisbon ?
Why not start by discovering the taste of Lisbon with the mannifold cuisine of its signature chef Jose Avillez, also known as JA!
For the ‘Hitchhicker’s Gudie to CF’ the highly decorated chef has prepared a Portuguese dish- ‘Bras Style Cod’ !
- 400 g soaked cod
- 500 g potatoes, peeled and finely cut into matchsticks
- Olive oil (to fry the finely cut potato chips)
- 3 onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 8 organic eggs + 4 yolks
- Fresh parsley
- 16 black pitted olives
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Start by cleaning the cod. Remove the skin and any bones. Separate codflakes.
- Fry the finely cut potato chips in hot olive oil. As soon as they are fried, drain, and set aside.
- Finely chop the garlic, and slice the onions into rings.
- Heat three tablespoons of virgin olive oil in a pan and then add the garlic and the onion.
- When the onion becomes transparent, add the cod flakes and let cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the fried potato straws and give a quick stir.
- Add the lightly beaten eggs and yolks seasoned with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and chopped parsley, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Sprinkle with some more chopped parsley.
- Add the black pitted olives and serve immediately.
Amount per serving: 472 g
Energy (calories): 740 kcal / 34%
Protein: 34.07g / 62%
Fat: 53.41g / 110%