“...21...31...41” - so irresistible perfect!
Enrico Crippa is Italy’s star chef, calling three Michelin stars his own. His restaurant "PIAZZA DUOMO" has been ranked within the world ‘50 Best Restaurants’, achieving the 17th position in 2016.
His famous signature dish is the salad “21, 31, 41” the ingredients for which he harvests at his own vegetable farm and that he felt inspired to contribute to the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the CF Galaxy .
“Everything is good, if only filled with energy”, is his belief.
Ingredients for salad:
160 gr. of mix salad, composed by:
- Leaves of “Gentilina”
- Leaves of “Parella”
- Primrose leaves
- Trevisano radicchio
- Field salad (trusot)
- Red beetroot leaves
- Beetroot leaves
- Santoreggia savory
- Red mizuma
- Green mizuma
- Chinese mustard
- Reen shiso
- Red shiso
- Raw fennel
For the flowers:
- Violet flowers
- Primrose flowers
- Borage flowers
- Chives flowers and garlic flowers
For the sauce:
- Herbs flavored oil
- Barolo vinegar
- White and black sesame
- Nori algae fine chopped
- Candied ginger and its juice
For herbs flavored oil (big quantity):
500 gr. of herbs ( Parsley dragon cello)
1 liter of olive oil (Occhipinti)
For the amaranth chips:
- 200 gr. of amaranth seeds
-13 gr. of instant dashi.
- 1,200 of water
- Oil for fry
For the amaranth
- Cook the amaranth like a risotto with water and instant dashi for about 40 minutes without salt.
- Once cooked, spread it out between two sheets of baking paper and let it dry.
- When well dried, break it in irregular parts and fry them in hot oil.
For the herbs flavored oil
- Boil the aromatic herbs for less than a minute, wring them and whirl strongly in a machine.
- Filter the oil with a colander and paper.
For the salad and the garnishment
- Clean and wash well all the herbs and salads.
- Season with all the ingredients for the sauce/juice and put in a specific plate.
- Garnish with flowers.