SUGAR AND SALT - Caramel au beurre salé!
a classic contrasting combination in the kitchen, like dog and cat!
Is this possible? Yes!- in this delicious salted caramel cream, the caramel au beurre salé. Je vous présente: Le Salidou de Bretagne.
Elke is a passionate culinary and a great and dedicated supporter of the GREAT STRIDES Vienna ( GROSSE SCHRITTE)- the biggest public CF event in Austria- which she accompanies with her delights!
For all salty-sweet foodies, she has prepared for the 'Hitchhiker's Guide to CF' an extraordinary French specialty: SALIDOU / Caramel au beurre salé!
by Sûrprise, Sûrprise! Crêpes in Vienna
Salidou - A Breton Specialty
Skills: medium to tricky
Calories per serving.: 1573 kcal
Servings: One jar of marmalade
- 120g white sugar
- 50g melted butter
- 3g Sel de Guérande (Breton sea salt), Fleur de Sel
- 250g crème fraîche cheese
- Let the butter melt and salt, keep warm.
- Heat the sugar without stirring in a stainless steel pan at medium heat until it assumes a golden yellow color. Do not let it get too dark, otherwise the caramel will taste bitter.
- Stir into the golden yellow to golden brown caramel the warm, liquid salted butter and then add the cream fraîche cheese with a wooden spoon or silicone snow bean.
- Stir vigorously, avoid lumps.
- Let it simmer on a small flame, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes until a homogeneous, creamy golden mass is generated.
- Place in a jam jar and keep in a refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Attention: Do not taste the cream as long as it is warm! High risk of painful burns!
Enjoy the salted caramel cream with crêpes, pancakes, use it for cakes, biscuits, yogurt, ice cream, ... or simply with a spoon directly out of the glass!
Amount per serving: 423 g
- Energy (calories): 1573 kcal/72%
- Protein: 45.65 g /84%
- Fat: 100.11 g/206%
- Carbohydrates: 127.2 g/52%