Enjoy this classic British dessert served with a delicious salted butter caramel sauce,a dollop of whip cream and a sprinkling of salt by C.I.A- Private Dining!
There’s no doubt you will regret this new temptation- unless you have Cystic Fibrosis- for the amount of calories per serving is galactic.
Prep.time: 15min+35min backing
Skills: easy to medium
Calories per serving: 1372 kcal
Ingredients for 4 servings:
For the pudding
- 150g whole pitted dates
- 250ml hot water
- 60g softened butter
- 1 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 60g refined sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150g flour
For the salted caramel sauce
- 200g butter
- 400g brown sugar
- 1 Vanilla bean, cut lengthwise
- 250g whip cream
- Some sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the dates, water and baking soda in a pot and soften for 10 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, sift together butter and sugar, until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Slowly incorporate the flour and the mixture with the dates, beating well after each addition.
- Pour the whole mixture into the prepared baking dish (diameter 20cm) and place in the oven. Bake for 35-40 mins.
Instructions caramel sauce
- Melt the butter in a pot.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and cream and stir. Simmer for 5 mins.
- Remove from heat and add sea salt
Serve the warm pudding with a generous drizzle of salted caramel sauce, a dollop of whip cream, and a sprinkling of salt. Enjoy!
Amount: 418 g per serving(s)
- Energy (calories): 1372 kcal / 63%
- Protein: 11.97 g / 22%
- Fat: 71.95 g / 148%
- Carbohydrates: 178.23 g / 73%