French, Russian, Ukrainian and even American chefs claim to be the origin of this delicious dish!
We probably will never know more about the history of the Classic Chicken Kiev, but that it for sure wasn’t developed in Kiev, but what we already know is, that it does not take much to prepare it.
Enjoy this ultimate ‘butter and seasoning’ –experience brought to you by
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 4 chicken breasts (without skin, with wing bone)
- 200 g of cold butter
- 1 Bunch of fresh dill/ parsley / garlic etc.
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 eggs (whisked)
- 100 g of bread crumbs
- Oil or butter for frying
Preparation of Chicken Kiev :
- Place butter, garlic and dill in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mash with a fork to combine. Roll up the butter mixture in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Using a sharp knife, make a deep cut along 1 side of each chicken breast to form a large pocket. Cut butter into 8 thick slices. Place 2 butter slices into each pocket. Secure with toothpicks to enclose filling.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place breadcrumbs on a large plate. Place flour on a plate. Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Coat 1 piece of chicken in flour, dip in egg, coat in breadcrumbs. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Fry the Chicken Kiev, whether in the fryer or alternative pour enough oil into a large frying pan and heat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden. Place on prepared greased backing tray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown in the oven
Supplements: Homemade potato puree and steamed vegetables
- Energy (calories): 653
- Protein: 72.24g
- Fat: 33.85 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.96 g
- Prep. time: 30 min
- Skills: easy
- Calories per serving: 653 kcal
- Servings: 4
- Amount per serving: 1 chicken breast
Guten Appetit von OBEN. Küche und Bar