Fulfill your nutritional needs and power yourself up with a smoothie chock full of protein, healthy fats, and nutrients that tastes just like a decadent peanut butter cup by amindfullmom #CFChampions
Maybe you are a busy chasing toddlers around and have no time to eat for yourself?
Or do you have medical restrictions that require you to eat a high calorie diet?
If you said Yes to any of the above, you are probably in search of high calorie snacks that help you meet your nutritional goals. And here’s the PERFECT smoothie for you!
While I wish I could tell you I said Yes to killing it at the gym, I said Yes to the last question. As many of you know, I have Cystic Fibrosis. And as part of my daily regimen, I need to consume tons of calories in a day. How many, you ask? I strive for 3500-4500 calories a day.
This smoothie is my dream come true. It is high protein. It is high calorie. It is also high in fiber, calcium, Omega fatty acids, and potassium. It is easy to make. It is naturally sweetened–no artificial aftertaste or sugar crash! It is easy to digest and tastes like my favorite dessert of all time–a chocolate peanut butter cup!!
I am thinking this just may be your new favorite smoothie as well.
- 1 cup milk (whole milk, coconut milk, almond milk)
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 banana (either frozen or fresh or a mixture of the two)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (feel free to use more)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend away until smooth and creamy. Serve.
Amount per serving= 580 g
- Energy (calories): 898 kcal / 41%
- Protein: 26.84 g / 49%
- Fat: 54.83 g / 113%
- Carbohydrates: 87.95 g / 36%